The Bible: A Historical And literary Introduction
By Bart D. Ehrman
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Publication Date: September 2013
Format: Hardcover, 432pp
Dimensions: 9.9 x 7.9 x 0.8 inches
In The Bible: A Historical and Literary Introduction, renowned biblical scholar and New York Times Bestselling author Bart D. Ehrman presents his long-awaited survey of the Bible. Comprehensive yet succinct, current in scholarship, rich in pedagogical tools, and easily accessible to students of all backgrounds, this is an ideal textbook for one-semester courses on the Bible. Ehrman covers every book in the Bible, including the Apocrypha, explaining the historical and literary problems posed by the biblical texts and showing students how to analyze scholarly evidence and conclusions.
- An exceptionally accessible and engaging writing style that vividly brings the Bible to life
- Full-color illustrations throughout, including numerous maps, timelines, charts, and photos
- “What to Expect” boxes previewing each chapter, “At a Glance” boxes summarizing chapters or large sections, and additional boxes presenting intriguing issues in more depth
- “Take a Stand” questions designed to help students synthesize the material in each chapter
- A unique appendix on the canon and text of the Bible
- An Instructor’s Manual with Computerized Test Bank on CD that offers numerous teaching resources
- A Companion Website at www.oup.com/us/ehrman containing numerous resources for students and instructors
- This book is also available as a CourseSmart ebook (978-0-19-933633-3). Visit www.coursesmart.com.