how it works
How to Submit Questions for "Questions from Listeners" and "outsmart Bart" segments
There are two ways you can participate:
How to Submit a Question for "Questions from Listeners"
Please see our upcoming list of episodes for which we need questions:
- How did Christianity take over the Roman World
- Did Jesus Predict his Own Death?
- The Genius of the Gospel of Luke
- What was Jesus mission?
- How Christianity ruled the world
- What's So Hard About Writing a Book?
Then fill out the form below to submit your question. You can ask as many questions as you wish.
How to Submit Questions for "Outsmart Bart"
Please submit three short questions using the form below and indicate that it is for the "Outsmart Bart" topic. If you stump Bart with two out of three questions, we will send you a gift card to $25 off anything at the Bart Ehrman online course store.
Questions should be related to the Bible, preferably the New Testament, or early Christianity. They can be trivia style or fill in the blank verses. Please also:
- Include the answer to each of your questions in parentheses (Bart will not see these)
- Include the verse in the Bible where the answer can be found so we can fact check
- Ask questions that astute listeners may also know the answers to, so everyone can play along at home, making it more fun. (No Greek vocabulary questions!)
Examples of good questions:
- To whom does Luke address his gospel? (Theophilus Luke 1:3)
- What was the name of the man who recognized Jesus as the Messiah when he was presented at the Temple as a baby? (Simeon, Luke 2:22-38)
- What was the name of the church father, Irenaeus', most famous writing? ("Against Heresies" - here you would include a link)
- Fill in the blank - "My Father's ____________ has many ____________; if it were not so, would I have told you that I got there to prepare a place for you?" (House/Rooms - John 14:1)